Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Grand 16 - Pier Park
Panama City Beach, FL
- AmStar 16 - Macon
- The Grand 16 - Slidell
- The Grand 18 - Winston-Salem
Winston Salem, NC
Add Your Comments
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
IMAX Corporation and Southern Theatres, LLC announced an agreement this week which will result in the installations of digital IMAX® theater systems in four locations in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and North Carolina.
"There is significant positive buzz surrounding the IMAX brand among consumers as well as exhibitors, and for good reason," said George Solomon CEO of Southern Theatres, LLC. "More movies are being released in IMAX's format than ever before, and IMAX theatres deliver a differentiated experience that resonates with audiences, regardless of whether the presentation is 2D or 3D. This partnership represents a whole new way for Southern Theatres patrons to experience movies."
The following locations are affected by this announcement:
- The Grand 16 - Pier Park - Panama City Beach, Florida
- AmStar 16 - Macon - Macon, Georgia
- The Grand 16 - Slidell - Slidell, Louisiana
- The Grand 18 - Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, North Carolina
The theatres are expected to open in July of 2011.
The press release from IMAX Corporation listed 12 IMAX movies that are planned for release before the end of the year:
- Thor: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience
- Super 8: The IMAX Experience
- Cars 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Real Steel: The IMAX Experience
- Contagion: The IMAX Experience
- Puss in Boots: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Happy Feet 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol: The IMAX Experience
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn: An IMAX 3D Experience
Source: IMAX Corporation Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.