Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Century Napa Cinedome 8
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
The Napa Valley Register is reporting that the City Council in Napa, California has approved plans for a new 12-screen Century Theatre behind the South Napa Marketplace. This theater is scheduled to open in May 2012, and it will replace the Century Napa Cinedome 8:
After years of delay, Century Theatres has signed a lease to open a 12-screen multiplex theater in south Napa.
"We’re taking the entertainment experience to the next level," Cinemark's Vice President of Marketing and Communications James Meredith said Wednesday.
The new Century Napa complex, to be located behind South Napa Marketplace, will replace the Century Cinedome 8 located on Pearl Street. The new theater is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The new theater will be located near the intersection of Gasser Drive and Hartle Court in an area that was previously considered part of a flood plain. Let's hope that the new delineations are accurate!
Are You Sad to See the Cinedome Go?
This new theater will be replacing the the Century Napa Cinedome 8, and it appears that some people won't be sad to see it go. This article on patch.com says that there have been temperature problems to go along with broken seats at the theater.
Was that a one-time occurrence, or is the Cinedome overdue for replacement? Do you wish that the new theater were being built downtown instead of in the South Napa Marketplace?
Leave your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.