Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in Disney Digital 3D 
Add Your Comments
- Ames, IA: Cinemark North Grand 5 Closed [4/23]
- Yulee, FL: Carmike Cinemas to Build 10-Screen Theater [4/22]
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
The Walt Disney Company will be holding the World Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides at Disneyland® Park in Anaheim, California on May 7, 2011. It is going to be the first-ever 3D outdoor event and will be attended by the movie's stars as well as many other celebrities. Best of all, the proceeds from the event will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
The press release from Disney includes the following information:
Individual tickets for the premiere event are priced at $1,000 and are now available for sale at www.piratespremiere.com. Disney is donating 100% of the proceeds from the ticket sales directly to Boys & Girls Clubs of America, whose mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need it most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
In this installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed adventure. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz), he's not sure if it's love—or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth.
When she forces him aboard the "Queen Anne’s Revenge," the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know whom to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica, with whom he shares a mysterious past.
The movie opens on Friday, May 20th, 2011 and showtimes and tickets are already available for many theaters. As usual, there are also midnight shows on Thursday night, so if you don't have anywhere to go on Friday morning, you can be the first to see the movie!
No matter when you go on opening weekend, we highly recommend buying your tickets in advance. You can print your tickets yourself and zip right by the lines at the box office, so you can get the best seats and the freshest popcorn. Just look for the yellow movie ticket like the one to the right and showtimes that appear as links to get started.
You can choose between 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D versions of the movie, so click on the version you prefer below to see where and when it's playing on opening day at a theater near you!
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2D)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in Disney Digital 3D
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience
Source: Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.