Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus North Shore Cinemas
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
Marcus Theatres announced this week that they are now offering reserved seating in every auditorium at Marcus North Shore Cinemas in Mequon, Wisconsin. This service is available at no additional cost, which is an added bonus.
To reserve your seats, all you need to do is purchase your tickets online (just click on the showtimes for the theater on their Showtimes page) and you can select your tickets by following the prompts on the movietickets.com web site (our partner for electronic ticketing). Keep in mind that there is still the traditional $1.00 convenience fee for online ticketing that has always been added onto the price of the ticket.
Reserved seating makes it possible for you to know exactly where you're going to sit ahead of time, so you can relax on your way to the theater and even take in a pizza in the on-site Zaffiro's, but there are also some tradeoffs to it.
For example, the fact that all the seats are reserved means that it's almost imperative to buy your tickets in advance. If you don't, you could show up plenty early, and still end up sitting in bad seats because someone reserved the ones you would have chosen if there were no reserved seats.
It also requires you to have a good understanding of the layout of each auditorium, so you don't end up picking bad seats by mistake. If you get into the theater and you aren't happy with your seats, are they going to let you change your seat assignments? Imagine trying to do that on a busy Friday night...
There are sure to be some kinks to be worked out of their system, and some trial and error experimentation on the part of movie patrons, but I think it's possible for this to be a good thing in the end.
What Do You Think? Have You Experienced This for Yourself?
What do you think about theaters going to all-reserved seating? Have you gone to Marcus North Shore Cinema since the change?
Let your fellow readers know what you think by leaving your comments below!
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending us a heads-up about this news!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.