Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Beach Movie Bistro
Virginia Beach, VA
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The Virginian-Pilot published an article recently that mentioned that the Beach Movie Bistro in Virginia Beach, Virginia is planning to open to the public on Friday, May 20, 2011. The theater was formerly the Regal Surf & Sand 8.
Virginia Beach brothers Donald Pollard Jr. and John Pollard, both with national experience in retail real estate, joined with two out-of-town partners in the movie theater business to form Beach Movie Bistro Inc. The Pollards’ parents owned the long-gone Surf ‘n’ Sand Motel, which stood on the site that became the movie theater.
Surf ‘n’ Sand opened its eight screens 20 years ago in a 20,000-square-foot theater. The building’s owners brought in R/C Theatres Management Corp., a small cinema operator out of Maryland, to manage it. In 1998, R/C turned over the lease and operation of the Surf ‘n’ Sand and nine other movie houses in Virginia to theater giant Regal Cinemas Inc.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The new theater will open with seven screens featuring Sony 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems with RealD 3D capability. Concessions will include french fries, burgers, pizza, and local fish dishes and other higher-end entrees. A full bar will offer more than 20 microbrewed beers on draft or in bottles, a wine list, and other craft cocktails, according to the theater's Facebook page.
We're planning to have their showtimes for opening day, so if you're in the area, be sure to add this theater to your Favorite Theaters list and keep an eye out for showtimes and other information coming soon!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.