Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Showplace Cinemas Princeton 8
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Showplace Cinemas Princeton 8 in Princeton, Indiana opens for business today, May 13, 2011. The theater is operated by Showplace Cinemas, which owns/operates five other locations in Indiana and one in Kentucky.
The Evansville Courier & Press has an article from last week which interviewed Showplace Cinemas owner Paul Stieler about the new theater:
The new complex has eight all-digital auditoriums with stadium seating for a total of 1,000 moviegoers.
A glassed-in control room off the lobby offers close views of how digital movies are shown today.
“There are no scratches or rough edges in the films. We can show a movie 10,000 times or more and it will always look crystal clear and have the best sound,” Stieler said.
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
According to an article in the Courier & Press from last year, the plans for the theater were revealed in August 2010, and the official papers were signed for converting the former KMart building in November, according to an article published on November 9, 2010. The latter article mentions that the Gibson County Economic Development Corp. approved an incentive gift of $200,000 ($25,000 a year for eight years) which seems to have made the project worthwhile for Showplace Cinemas.
The closest competition for the new theater is the AMC Princeton 4 in town, but the only overlap of movies for today is that the AMC is playing Thor and Showplace Cinemas is showing Thor 3D. If that continues, it means that moviegoers in Princeton will have many choices of movies between the two theaters and that they shouldn't compete directly with other to the detriment of one or both of them.
You can see what's playing at the Showplace Cinemas Princeton 8 by visiting their Showtimes page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.