Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Showplace Cinemas Henderson
Add Your Comments
- Yulee, FL: Carmike Cinemas to Build 10-Screen Theater [4/22]
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
The Showplace Cinemas Henderson in Henderson, Kentucky opens its doors to the public today, November 19, 2010.
The Evansville Courier & Press has an article that talks about the theater and interviews some of the first customers that came to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1:
"I'm a humongous Harry Potter fan," said Brianna Barron, 19.
But the Henderson County High School graduate said she and her friends also used to complain that there was nothing to do at night and on the weekends in Henderson.
But standing in the large open carpeted area between the front doors and the concession stand, it was easy to imagine how Friday and Saturday night movies could bring the room to capacity -- if only so that teens could find someplace safe to be together.
Chrisana Birdsall of Henderson said she's "thrilled" that she doesn't have to drive all the way over to Evansville to see a movie anymore.
"This is 15-20 minutes away from home," she said. "I don't have to worry about going across the bridge, or the traffic."
Click the Read link to view the full article!
Showplace Cinemas currently owns/operates five other locations in Indiana, and announced plans earlier this month to convert a KMart building in Princeton, Indiana, which should open in May 2011.
You can see what's playing at the new theater by going to the Showtimes page for Showplace Cinemas Henderson.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.