Remove ads with our VIP Service
- NCG - Courtland Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Reopens January 30, 2015 [1/28]
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
National Amusements closed the Courtland Cinemas in Burton, Michigan in 2009, but this Friday, the movies are coming back to the Courtland Center Mall with the opening of the NCG - Courtland Cinemas. The theater will be operated by NCG Cinemas.
The Flint Journal published an article on Monday that talked about the project:
Courtland Cinemas will reopen May 20 after closing its doors more than two years at Courtland Center.
Council President Steve Heffner made the announcement during this evening's Burton City Council meeting.
"They've been working on this for a couple months," said Heffner. "It's looking positive. Planet Fitness just moved in there. Courtland Center is on its way back."
The theater at 4190 E. Court St. will reopen Friday under the moniker NCG Courtland Cinemas, featuring six screens and stadium seating, according to the shopping center's Facebook page.
Courtland Cinemas had closed in January 2009, with cinema owner National Amusement offering no word on why the location closed. The same company also closed Showcase Cinemas East theater on Court Street in Burton September 2007.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
We plan to have their showtimes by Friday, so keep an eye on their Showtimes page for the latest updates!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.