Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3D 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 
- "Avengers: Infinity War" No Longer Two Parts, Hopefully Marking the End of Two-Parters [8/1]
- Watch the Trailers and Videos from Comic-Con! [7/28]
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
- "The Fast and the Furious" Returns to Theaters for 15th Anniversary [6/10]
- Rundown of the Free/Discounted Summer Movie Programs at Theaters [5/27]
- Watch the Latest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" - Plus Photos [5/23]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Now You See Me 2" [5/20]
- Director Gareth Edwards Exits Godzilla 2 [5/14]
- Release of "The Maze Runner: The Death Cure" Likely to be Delayed by Star's Injury [5/5]
It's nearly impossible to miss the fact that the latest installment of the Pirates of the Carribean franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is opening in theaters tomorrow, May 20, 2011, and your anticipation level may fall in between cautious excitement on the high end, and a yawn on the other.
After all, the first movie (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl) took the world by storm! The mix of action, adventure, comedy, and attitude struck a chord with audiences and made an amusement park attraction larger than life. However, with each of the following installments, the luster began to fade, with the last turning into a bit of a confusing mess.
It's hard to deny Johnny Depp's appeal, however, and the trailers and videos that have been released hint that the original magic is back and audiences are in for a great ride once again! Captain Jack Sparrow is joined once again by Barbossa, but now instead of Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swann, we have Penélope Cruz as Angelica, a fellow pirate with which Sparrow has some past acquaintance. We also get to see fellow pirate Blackbeard and some familiar faces, we also see a very cool sequence with mermaids that are definitely not from The Little Mermaid...
The mermaid Tamara (GEMMA WARD) lures an entranced Scrum
(STEPHEN GRAHAM) to an uncertain fate. ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This is one of the first really big blockbusters of the summer season, so if you're planning to hit the theaters this weekend, be sure to order and print your tickets in advance! Just look for the yellow movie ticket graphic like the one to the right and click on the showtimes that appear as links to start the purchase process.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.