Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Matthews, NC: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [8/25]
- Groton, CT: Groton Cinema 6 Closed [8/25]
- Anaheim, CA: UltraStar GardenWalk Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Scottsdale, AZ: UltraStar Scottsdale Pavilion 11 Closed [8/24]
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI: Carmike Varsity Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Roanoke, TX: Cinemark Roanoke and XD Now Open [8/14]
- Tulsa, OK: Village Movies 8 Opens Today [7/31]
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
The Jackson Hole News&Guide is reporting that the Spud Drive-In Theatre in Driggs, Idaho has gone out of business:
After 58 years as a landmark on the west slope of the Tetons, the Spud Drive-in and its mammoth truck-mounted potato replica are out of business.
The drive-in theater between Driggs and Victor, Idaho, will not open this summer, manager Keith Zednik said Wednesday.
The theater and its property are owned by Wydaho Group LLC, made up of Lenny Zaban and other partners, Zednik said.
The company had hoped to transform the theater when it bought the property in 2009. It appeared headed in the right direction when owners booked Widespread Panic for a concert in 2010, drawing a crowd of more than 4,000.
“Since the event was such a success, we intended to make it an annual occurrence,” the business’ management said in a letter to the editor submitted to the Jackson Hole News&Guide on Wednesday. “Unfortunately, we were surprised and quite disappointed to find that there was competition in the area for the same event on the same weekend in 2011.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The article mentions that the drive-in was built in 1953 by Ace Wood. The owners are open to offers to purchase the property, so perhaps movies will come back to Driggs some time in the future.
Until that happens, however, moviegoers will need to travel to see movies on the big screen. The nearest drive-in is the Teton-Vu Drive-In in Rexburg (about 29 miles away), and there are five other movie theaters about the same distance away.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.