Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Ways to See and Share Your Reader Reviews [1/12]
- New Navigation with Dropdown Menus [10/21]
- Photo Gallery Upgrades - Larger Photos, Arrow Key Navigation [4/27]
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
In the last few years, the number of movies with multiple versions has expanded considerably. First came "The IMAX Experience" version of traditional movies, and now quite a few also have 3D variants as well.
A case in point is the last installment of the Harry Potter franchise, where you have the following choices:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (the 2D version)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 3D
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
If you go to the All Movies page in Now Showing, you'll see plenty of examples of other movies that have 2-3 variations.
That creates a situation where we have lots of duplicated information and a frustrating experience when you are looking for showtimes for the 3D version, but landed on the IMAX 3D version instead. Or, you dislike 3D with a passion, but you have a two in three chance of seeing information for 3D instead of the good old-fashioned no-glasses-required 2D version.
We're not big fans of duplication and frustration, so we set out to tame these multiple versions, and we have released the following enhancements:
- The Showtimes and Movie Information pages now display a list of all the "other" versions of the movie that are available. For example, when you go to the Showtimes page for the 2D version of the movie, you will see the following text just above the showtimes table:
See also Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 3D, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Trailers & Videos page now collects all the videos available for all the versions of a movie and lists them together. An example of this can be seen on the Trailers & Videos page for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides An IMAX 3D Experience, where previously, there would have been only one trailer listed (in two formats), but now there are over a dozen videos shown on that page.
- A similar approach is taken on the Photo Gallery page. If you go to the Photo Gallery page for Kung Fu Panda 2 3D, where you would have seen just two movie posters, you now get to see the other photos from the movie that are listed under the 2D version as well.
We hope that these improvements will make it easier for our readers to navigate the multiple versions of movies that are currently playing and coming soon!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.