Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus West Point Luxury Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
(from the archives)
According to Billy Sampson, Assistant Manager at West Point Cinema in Brookfield, the theater will be undergoing some spring remodeling to improve the theater and the movie-going experience for the customers.
The theater lobby will be expanded to the west, reaching the edge of the existing sidewalk. The current box office will also be remodeled, with the addition of another box office. The two box offices should assist in a more rapid ticket service for theater customers.
A new vending and concession area will assist customers satisfy their snacking needs. A separate game room will also be attached to the lobby.
The entire building will be receiving a treatment of new wallpaper and carpet.
The project is expected to be finished sometime in August, but that date is subject to change.
In more current news, West Point is in the process of installing a Dolby Digital sound installation in the "Tivoli" theater. This is the second digital sound installation in West Point, joining the DTS Digital sound installation in the "Palace" screen, already present in the theater.
The BigScreen Cinema Guide applaudes this latest improvement by West Point. We make a special point of identifying those theaters who present movies with the improved sound quality of Digital Sound by marking the presentations in digital sound formats by including the mark , , or . Digital Sound presentations are also listed separately in the Digital Showcase.
Video monitors also have been added to the lobby, so that customers can view movie previews before they enter the movie auditoriums.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.