Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
Marcus Theatres Corp. has announced that their Westown Cinema will feature a new 500-seat "Ultraview" theater, boasting a 75' x 32' screen complete with digital sound, stadium seating and a projection system capable of delivering high quality images to such a large screen. The new screen is expected to debut in May 1999. (Just in time for a certain popular movie to be released...)
This is big news for the Milwaukee-area movie-goer, since the largest screen on record in Wisconsin is the #1 screen at the Oriental theater in Milwaukee, scaling in at 40 feet. According to Marcus Theatres Corp. President Bruce J. Olson, Westown was chosen for its centralized location in the Milwaukee Metro area. We theorize that it will likely be an indicator for the popularity of big screens once again.
The BigScreen Cinema Guide applauds Marcus Theatres Corporation for re-introducing a big-screen movie experience in the Milwaukee area. Until this time, the closest big-screen movie theater was the fabulous McClurg Court theater in Chicago, Illinois. While we don't expect the Westown theater to match the experience of McClurg Court's 75'-wide, THX-certified, 70mm-equipped, SDDS-and-DTS-and-Dolby-Digital-equipped grand lower theater, we look forward to this new installation and more like it around Milwaukee and Wisconsin. (There is no news about the possibility of this "Ultraview" theater being THX-certified, but we plan to find out!)
Kudos to Marcus for taking this leap in enhancing the movie-going experience!
Related News Articles
- JSOnline Article: Marcus bets that size matters in movie screens
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.