Remove ads with our VIP Service
- River Point
Fox Point, WI
Add Your Comments
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
After several months of renovation, the Brown Port Theater has reopened as River Point Cinema.
The theater, which is located on Port Washington Road in Bayside (near I-43 and Brown Deer Rd.), is owned and operated by Spector Theatres Corp. of Milwaukee. Reflecting the name change of the nearby shopping center, the newly christened theater has expanded from its original two screens to four, and has added features that have become commonplace in theaters today.
River Point boasts such features in their ads as Digital Sound (they are opening with one film, I'll Be Home for Christmas, in Dolby Digital), rocking seats, and a computerized box office that allows patrons to purchase tickets up to five days in advance.
A VIP reception was held on Thursday, November 12th, with the doors opening to the public on Friday, November 13th, 1998.
River Point Cinema is currently the only theater operated by Spector Theatres Corp. Their other theaters, including Loomis Road and Spring Mall, were closed recently with no scheduled re-opening date.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.