Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Little Mermaid 
- El Capitan
Add Your Comments
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Denon Announces New X-Series Network A/V Receivers, Dolby Atmos Support [7/24]
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
Disney's The Little Mermaid is being released on DVD on October 3rd in a 2-disc Platinum Edition, but it's getting the big-screen treatment in September at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, California.
Animation Magazine is reporting that the digital restored film will play at the El Capitan Theater from Sept. 7th - Sept. 24th, along with a live appearance by Ariel geared towards children.
The Sept. 7 opening night screening on will include an informative filmmaker's panel at 6:30 p.m. Hosted by veteran Disney animation producer Don Hahn (Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Who Framed Roger Rabbit), the panel will include the film's directors John Musker & Ron Clements, supervising animator Glen Keane, Ariel voicer Jodi Benson and Ariel model Sherri Stoner. Attendees will also get a sneak preview of Disney's newest animated short, The Little Match Girl, an adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen story directed by Roger Allers (The Lion King).
If getting to Hollywood in September isn't going to work for you, you can pre-order the Special Edition DVD from Amazon.com for $18.27, which is 39% off the $29.99 list price.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.