Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. announced recently that it plans to construct a new 16-screen movie theater in the Oakley Station mixed-use development. This development is the latest phase of "The Center of Cincinnati" retail center along I-71.
The new theater is scheduled to open in time for the 2012 summer blockbuster season, and when it opens, this will be the first Cinemark location in the Cincinnati area. The theater will feature all stadium seating, all Digital Cinema Projection systems, and 7.1 capable surround sound systems. The lobby will have a self-service concession stand with popcorn, Coca-Cola products, and various candy selections.
The theater will also feature one of Cinemark's big-screen concept XD (Extreme Digital Cinema) auditoriums. This concept intends to upgrade the moviegoing experience with a larger screen, upgraded seating, and a custom JBL sound system. The Digital Cinema Projection system will be able to project 2D and RealD 3D presentations.
“Cinemark currently operates 19 theatres in the state of Ohio,” states Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are thrilled to construct a new Cinemark NextGen movie theatre for our customers in Cincinnati. Its central location will make it easily accessible to the entire market. We plan to move very quickly to achieve an opening in the summer of 2012.”
Cinemark operates 431 locations under the Century Theatres, CinéArts, Tinseltown, and Cinemark brands in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico, and 11 other Latin American countries as of March 31, 2011, according to the press release. (Search for all active locations)
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.