Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Southtown
West Allis, WI
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
Nan Bialek of the West Allis Star wrote an article in the July 12, 2001 edition that announced that the Marcus Southtown on Highway 100 in West Allis, Wisconsin would be closing and it would be replaced by a Krispy Kreme donut shop by the end of the year:
The Southtown Theater, 2906 S. 108th St., will be demolished to make room for Krispy Kreme, which is expected to open before the end of this year. The Southtown, owned by Marcus Theatres Corp., has been on Highway 100 and West Dakota Street for more than 30 years.
Facing increased competition from mega-theater complexes, the Southtown is now one of the smallest theaters in the Milwaukee area. The Southtown recently lowered its ticket prices for first-run movies in an effort to compete with larger theater complexes.
"Because the (Southtown) could not be expanded and upgraded to the standards today's moviegoers expect, the four-screen theater's lease will be allowed to end this year," said Carlo Petrick, spokesman for Marcus Theatres Corp.
A closing date for the Southtown has not been set, Petrick said. The theater employs about 25 part-timers and a full-time manager.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.