Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Framingham 16
- AMC Framingham Premium Cinema
- AMC Mayfair Mall 18
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
Moviegoers Can Purchase 3 Concession Items for as Low as $7
Kansas City, Mo. (August 28, 2006) - AMC Theatres today announced the circuit-wide launch of its new concession value menu, Clip's Picks, which will begin in theatres Friday, Sept. 1, 2006. Clip's Picks gives moviegoers the opportunity to create their own 10-item value menu. Depending on the market and AMC theatre, guests can purchase Clip's Picks concession items at $2.75 or $3.00 each, or a combination of three items for $7.00 or $7.50.
Clip's Picks, a first in the theatre industry, carries on AMC's commitment to GuestFirstSM service and tradition of industry-leading innovation. It represents the most popular categories of concession items for AMC: drinks, popcorn and candy.
Clip's Picks 10-item concession menu will consist of:
- 16-ounce fountain drinks
- 32-ounce popcorn
- 16.9-ounce Dasani® water
- 16-ounce ICEE® or Arctic Blast®
and any of AMC's six regular candy selections:
- Welch's® Fruit Snacks (5.0 oz.)
- Milk Duds® (3.0 oz.)
- Whoppers® (2.75 oz.)
- Buncha CrunchTM (3.2 oz.)
- SunMaid® Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins (3.5 oz.)
- Clip Gummi Stars® (3.5 oz.)
Clip's Picks will be available to guests seven days a week, all day.
"Clip's Picks allows moviegoers of all budgets the opportunity to enjoy some of their favorite movie snacks along with the experience of seeing a movie the way it was meant to be seen--on the big screen," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer of AMC Theatres. "The introduction of Clip's Picks is part of AMC's commitment to deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience, conveniently and affordably."
Clip's Picks, named after AMC's "film-strip" character, Clip®, was originally tested in 37 theatres in six markets including, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus (Ohio), Denver, Jacksonville and Kansas City. Due to the popularity of the program, AMC has expanded Clip's Picks circuit-wide at more than 310 AMC theatres in the U.S. including AMC Loews theatres, AMC Star theatres, AMC Magic Johnson theatres and AMC Cineplex Odeon theatres.
AMC has a long-standing tradition as an exhibition industry innovator. In recent months, AMC has been proud to introduce two other innovative programs, including: A.M.Cinema, which provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day before noon on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, and AMC SELECT, which devotes at least one screen at designated AMC theatres to showing specialty films 365 days a year. An industry leader since 1920, AMC is known for its commitment to guest satisfaction and is credited with many of the industry's major innovations, including the multiplex and megaplex.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 411 theatres and 5,601 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Source: AMC Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.