Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
WFPL News is reporting that the Iroquois Civic Club and Neighborhood Association is applying for landmark status for the Kenwood Drive-In in Louisville, Kentucky:
The Metro Historic Landmarks and Preservation District Commission will consider the application at its August 18th meeting.The designation would require the drive-in’s owner to seek the commission’s approval before altering or tearing down structures on the property.
City preservation officer Richard Jett says there are no other drive-ins left standing in Louisville.
“Ultimately, there were nine such drive-ins, but this is the last one in Jefferson County. There’s one (nearby) in Indiana, but this is the last one,” he said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article and photos of the site.
To find out more about the theater and why the group is trying to get it declared a landmark, take a look at the Metro Historic Landmarks and Preservation District Commission’s Kenwood Drive-In Designation Report. The photo above appears in that report.
The Kenwood Drive-In was opened in 1949 and was closed by then-owner National Amusements in January 2009. The closest operating drive-in is the Georgetown Drive-In Theatre in Georgetown, Indiana, about 14 miles away.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.