Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Sarasota, FL: Cobb CineBistro at Westfield Southgate Opening Friday, February 12, 2016 [2/5]
- Silverdale, WA: Regal Silverdale Cinemas 4 Closed [2/4]
- Closter, NJ: Bow Tie Closter Cinemas Closed [2/3]
- San Diego, CA: Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 Closed [2/2]
- East Windsor, NJ and Berlin, CT: Carmike Cinemas Acquires Two Former Starplex Cinemas Locations from AMC [2/2]
- Santa Monica, CA: Laemmle's Monica Fourplex Now Open as Laemmle Monica Film Center [2/2]
- Newark, CA: AMC NewPark 12 Now Open [2/2]
- Hawthorne, NY: All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex Cinemas Closed, Car Dealership Coming [1/29]
- Aptos, CA: Aptos Cinemas Closed January 26, 2016 [1/29]
- AMC Completes Acquisition of Starplex Cinemas - Name Changes Begin [1/21]
King Theatre Circuit will be opening Movies on the Mountain in Frackville, Pennsylvania on August 12, 2011, making it the first in the state to offer Digital Cinema Projection systems exclusively in an outdoor theater.
The company operates the Schuylkill Mall Theatres, and the drive-in will be located in the parking lot near the former Famous Labels building.
The Republican-Herald published an article about the new theater:
The first drive-in with a digital projection system in the state will open at Schuylkill Mall with two screens in the parking lot near the former Famous Labels building on Aug. 12, Mark Clement, manager of Schuylkill Mall Theaters, and Elaine Maneval, mall manager, said Thursday.
"It will be a one-of-a-kind presentation. Drive-in theaters, by their very nature, have a unique flavor, and they bring families together for a fun-filled night of feature presentations with popcorn, hot dogs, soft drinks and other concessions. This drive-in will do exactly that, and take it to the next level, by offering the movies in digital projection," Clement said.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.