Remove ads with our VIP Service
- San Francisco Film Society - New People Cinema
San Francisco, CA
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The San Francisco Film Society and New People announced that they will be opening the San Francisco Film Society - New People Cinema in San Francisco, California on September 22, 2011. The new theater will enable the Film Society to offer its exhibition, education, and filmmaker services programs and events daily throughout the year, a first in the organization's 54 year history.
The 143-seat theater will be located in the New People building at 1746 Post Street, near Webster Street, in Japantown. They plan to offer audiences a mix of independent, international (including Japanese Cinema), and documentary fare, as well as hosting the San Francisco International Film Festival. It will feature analog and digital equipment and a THX-certified sound system.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Seiji Horibuchi and all our friends at New People in this new venture,” said Graham Leggat, SFFS executive director. “The Film Society’s tradition of brilliant programming, added value and excellent customer service together with this wonderful facility’s superb presentation standards will allow San Francisco Film Society | New People Cinema to offer our avid audiences the finest moviegoing experiences in the Bay Area.”
“The San Francisco Film Society has a long and established legacy in the Bay Area and the launch of San Francisco Film Society | New People Cinema will help attract a new range of visitors to the venue,” said Seiji Horibuchi, founder and CEO of New People and CEO. “We look forward to a long and productive relationship with SFFS, and to new audiences discovering this innovative entertainment space.”
A full line-up of movies will be announced some time before Labor Day, so keep an eye on their Showtimes page for more information. We have several photos to share with you on the Photo Gallery page. Be sure to add San Francisco Film Society - New People Cinema to your Favorite Theaters list to stay current on all the latest news and information for the theater!
Source: San Francisco Film Society Press Release. Photo by Daichi Ano, courtesy of New People
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.