Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
Carmike Cinemas announced this week that is has signed a letter of intent to purchase three movie theaters in the Atlanta, Georgia area from MNM Theatres. The transaction involves the Movies ATL in Atlanta, the Movies 400 in Cumming, and the Movies 278 in Hiram, and should be completed in late third quarter or early fourth quarter of 2011, pending the completion of due diligence by Carmike.
[MNM CEO Norman Shindler] stated, "We are very pleased to join Carmike Cinemas, as we share a similar operating philosophy centrally focused on serving theater-going patrons. I am certain that MNM’s loyal customers will be delighted to share in the benefit from Carmike’s position as a pioneering leader in digital and 3-D cinema, including the immediate conversion of all of our auditoriums to digital and the addition of cutting-edge RealD 3-D technology to further enhance the theatre-going experience."
The MNM Theatres locations consist of 40 screens, and six of those have Digital Cinema Projection systems with 3D capability installed. Carmike plans to convert the remaining 34 to digital cinema, but not all of those will have 3D capability.
As of June 30th, 2011, Carmike Cinemas had 235 locations in 36 states, including Georgia. After this transaction, Carmike will have 25 locations in Georgia.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.