Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cobb CineBistro @ Town Brookhaven
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
The Cobb CineBistro @ Town Brookhaven in Atlanta, Georgia is set to open this Friday, September 23, 2011, according to the theater's official web site. The new theater is in the Town Brookhaven development on Peachtree Road, next to Oglethorpe University. It is owned by Cobb Theatres, and is the latest of their CineBistro locations (there are six others in Colorado, Florida, and Virginia), which combines going to the movies with a dining experience for patrons 21 and older.
“We are excited to introduce CinéBistro to Atlanta,” said Fred Meyers, executive director of CinéBistro. “This is an incredibly unique experience unlike anything created before, and we are looking forward to making an impression in this vibrant city as we debut our seventh location. In addition to offering a sophisticated movie and dining experience, we are proud to bring nearly 100 new jobs to the community.”
The CineBistro concept offers the now-common dinner-and-a-movie combination, but it takes it up a notch by making the experience upscale, with luxury amenities such as high-back leather chairs, gourmet meals served at your seat, premium cocktails and fine wine, and even a lounge for a post-movie dessert. You have to be 21 or older to attend a movie at a CineBistro, so the adults-only audience distinguishes the experience as well.
The press release issued by Cobb Theatres last month mentions that all seven auditoriums will be equipped with Digital Cinema Projection systems and will feature screens that measure between 40-50 feet wide. Four of those rooms will be capable of 3D presentations, closed-captions, and assisted audio.
The menu is "American bistro-inspired" with dishes that are prepared daily in-house, with a promise of using the finest ingredients available. Appetizers listed in the press release include the following:
[...] oven baked goat cheese, “The Bay” crab dip with aged cheddar pull-apart rolls, bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with gorgonzola and lamb lollies with potato sauce, fresh thyme and pomegranate glaze. Sandwich selections feature the custom blended house-ground bistro burger, grilled chicken BLT and house-made veggie burger, while salads, such as roasted beets and arugula salad and the signature “Cobb” salad, can be paired with grilled or popcorn chicken, shrimp or salmon or sesame ginger-crusted seared tuna for an additional cost.
Main entrees range from pan-seared Atlantic salmon and habanero glazed
pork tenderloin to blackened ribeye and lump blue crab cakes. Guests can indulge in desserts like blueberry and coconut tart with vanilla bean ice cream, warm chocolate and cherry bread pudding or Cinéful chocolate cake with chocolate and raspberry sauces.
The bar and lounge will feature movie-inspired cocktails and other premium drinks, draft and bottle beers, a wine list, and premium coffees.
We're waiting to get their showtimes for Friday, so keep an eye on their Showtimes page for updates, and for more information, including a map to the theater, a link to the official web site, and more, check out their Theater Information page!
Source: Cobb Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.