Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Mitchell Theatres Lakeside Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
Mitchell Theatres announced recently that it has purchased the Lakeside Theatres in Woodward, Oklahoma, which closed earlier this year. They plan to build a six-screen theater complex to replace the former three-screen operation. Construction will begin this Fall, with a planned completion in the summer of 2012. The theater's name has changed to Mitchell Theatres Lakeside Cinema 6.
The Wichita Eagle has an article about the acquisition, and it mentions that they are hoping to open a single screen by the end of September so that audiences will have a theater in town during the construction.
“Those people have not had movies since last April,” Mitchell says. “We’re going to catch them up on movies. . . . We’re just going to go through the whole big hits of the summer, and they are thrilled.”
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
According to the press release issued by Mitchell Theatres, the new complex will include a large lobby with a ticket booth, a large concession stand, neon lights, and flat-screen TV's playing previews of upcoming movie releases. The auditoriums will feature stadium seating, high-backed rocker seats, Digital Cinema Projection systems, with four of them capable of 3D presentations, and 7.1 channel surround sound.
With the Woodward location, Mitchell Theatres now has eight locations in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.