Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Mitchell Theatres Belton Cinema 8
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Mitchell Theatres announced on August 26, 2011 that it acquired the Dickinson Belton Cinema 8 in Belton, Missouri, which is located southeast of Kansas City. The eight screen theater was operated previously by Dickinson Theatres.
The theater was closed temporarily after the purchase, but a September 23, 2011 re-opening is planned. Their web site today showed that five of the eight screens will be showing movies tomorrow, and the theater now features Digital Cinema Projection systems with 7.1 channel surround sound in all auditoriums. The August press release mentions that four of the screens will be capable of 3D presentations. The remodeling is scheduled to be complete by spring 2012.
Along with the improvements that are on tap, Mitchell Theatres will lower the ticket prices for all shows and also lower the concession prices. This makes it appear that the new owner is trying very hard to make a good impression with their customers!
With the recent purchase of a location in Woodward, Oklahoma, Mitchell Theatres now has eight locations in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
Source: Mitchell Theatres press release, web site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.