Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Ward Parkway 14
Kansas City, MO
Add Your Comments
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
- Free Movies at Bow Tie Cinemas During Summer Kids Series 2016 [5/27]
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
AMC Theatres announced Wednesday plans to renovate the AMC Ward Parkway 14 in Kansas City, Missouri to upgrade the moviegoing experience for their customers.
As part of the $3 million renovation, every auditorium will be converted to Digital Cinema Projection, utilizing Sony's 4K projection systems, renovated restrooms, and changes to the box office and lobby areas. They are considering adding a bar and lounge, similar to the MacGuffins at the AMC Studio 30 in Olathe, Kansas.
“The development of a two-screen theatre at Ward Parkway was an important first step in offering consumers a choice of more than one feature film at a location. The industry we see today with 10, 20, and even 30-screen venues at a location are evolutionary descendants of the Ward Parkway twin,” said Mark McDonald, executive vice president of global development at AMC. “The location is an important part of AMC history and we’re excited AMC Ward Parkway will be one of the premier theatres in our circuit.”
AMC plans to keep the theater open during the renovations, which are scheduled to be complete in early 2012.
Source: AMC Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.