Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Regal Cinemas Salmon Run Stadium 12
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
In July 2010, we published the news that the Regal Cinemas Salmon Run Mall 8 in Watertown, New York was closing July 30, 2010 in order to be razed as part of the theater's expansion project. It was expected to reopen in Spring 2011.
While it's no longer going to be Spring when it opens on June 24, 2011, we're sure that moviegoers in the Watertown area are going to be happy nonetheless to attend the newly renovated 12-screen theater, which is now named Regal Cinemas Salmon Run Stadium 12. The Watertown Daily Times says that the theater is set to open in late June, and they'll be throwing a party to celebrate and welcome back new and returning customers:
Improvements to the theater have been under way since July 30, forcing movie lovers to drive to Syracuse or elsewhere to watch a movie on the big screen.
"To make up for that, we will be inviting the public to enjoy $1 movies, $1 popcorn and $1 soft drinks," said Jewel Gallagher, marketing manager for Regal. "We will be showing movies that were in other theaters during the time of construction."
Ms. Gallagher said the movie lineup has not yet been determined, but from June 20 to June 22 the theaters could show movies such as "Eat Pray Love," "The Social Network," "Little Fockers," "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never," "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1," "The King's Speech" or "The Illusionist."
"I'm looking forward to this grand opening, because all the amenities that have been added to the theater will just make it an amazing movie experience for people," Ms. Gallagher said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
When they become available, you can view the list of movies playing and when on their Showtimes page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.