Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Studio Movie Grill - Northwest Highway
- Albuquerque, NM: Flix Brewhouse - Albuquerque Opens [12/7]
- Bethesda, MD: Regal Bethesda 10 Closing December 15, 2016 [12/7]
- Houston, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park Sold to Star Cinema Grill [12/7]
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
Southern Theatres, LLC. announced recently that the AmStar Cinemas 14 - Dallas in Dallas, Texas will be opening to the public on Friday, October 14, 2011. The theater is located in the same space as the former AMC The Grand 24, which closed last year when AMC did not renew its lease for the building.
An artist's rendering of the new AmStar Cinemas 14 in Dallas, Texas,
courtesy of Southern Theatres, LLC.
The Grand 24 was the first megaplex in the country when it opened in 1995. Sharp-eyed readers will notice that the number of screens has been reduced from 24 to 14. The reason for this is that a portion of the building is being converted into a "Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill," which will open later this year. The new theater will boast Digital Cinema Projection systems in all auditoriums, with 3D capability, stadium seating, and high-backed rocking chairs.
"We are thrilled to unveil the all new AmStar Cinemas 14 Dallas in a building with such rich history in the entertainment industry. It is fitting then to open the theatre on the same weekend as some cherished Hollywood remakes," said George Solomon, founder of Southern Theatres. "We have completely remodeled the theatre complex with all new seats, projection, snack bar and games. This is a whole new theatre with fantastic amenities and guest service."
Moviegoers can get a sneak preview of the new theater on Wednesday, October 12th at 6:30pm and enjoy free popcorn and soft drinks while watching a movie, all for a $5 donation to Variety of Texas, a charity which services children with special needs.
On Thursday, October 13th, there will be a ribbon cutting event at 5:30pm with movie screenings (with free popcorn and soft drinks) starting at 6:30pm. The $5 admission donation on Thursday will go towards The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas.
Opening Weekend Promotions
When the theater opens on Friday, it will be playing new releases, such as remakes of Footloose and The Thing, as well as others. The first 100 customers to purchase a ticket on Friday and Saturday will get an AmStar Cinemas t-shirt. When they wear that t-shirt through the rest of 2011, they'll receive a free small popcorn. There will be a live radio broadcast on Friday, during which a lucky winner of the related giveaway will get a 2012 season pass, entitling the winner and a guest to free movies for a year.
On Sunday (10/16/2011), the first 100 customers to purchase tickets will receive a complimentary 32 ounce beverage in a collectible cup. This cup will entitle them to receive a $1 refill through March 1, 2012.
Source: Southern Theatres, LLC. Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.