Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Ghostbusters 
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
In 1984, director Ivan Reitman brought a movie to the big screen about three unemployed parapsychology professors creating a new business removing bothersome ghosts. Ghostbusters went on to become one of the most oft-quoted comedies of all time and it was even nominated for two Academy Awards (Best Visual Effects and Best Original Song).
Starting tonight, Sony Pictures Repertory is bringing the comedy classic back to theaters every Thursday in October!
500 theaters across the United States will be playing the movie for one showtime each night on October 13th (tonight), 20th, and 27th, in 2K Digital Cinema Projection and 5.1 surround sound.
To find out where it will be playing, head on over to the Showtimes page for the movie.
In the press release, Rory Bruer, president, Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, said:
"We're delighted to be bringing Ghostbusters back to the big screen – this is a special celebration of the movie, giving the fans a chance to see it on the big screen in perfect digital presentation. As we head towards Halloween, we ain't afraid of no ghosts, but just the same, we're glad that everyone's favorite paranormal eliminators are on the case."
If you can't make it to one of the theaters to see it, you can still have fun at home by grabbing the movie on Blu-ray, DVD, or even Amazon Video on Demand. If you'd rather load it up on your iPhone or iPad, head over to the iTunes Store where you can purchase the download.
Source: Sony Pictures Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.