Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club
Add Your Comments
- Yulee, FL: Carmike Cinemas to Build 10-Screen Theater [4/22]
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club in Scottsdale, Arizona has closed, according to a posting on their web site. The last day movies were played was Saturday, October 8, 2011.
The message on their web site mentions that their closing was unexpected and not their choice:
Farrelli's Has Closed
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we announce the closing of Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club.
For 10 years, it has been a huge struggle to keep Farrelli's open between 9/11, the uncooperative movie industry and the recession. However, it was the bank that now owns the property after the landlord defaulted on their loan that forced us to shut down. They did not want to continue allowing us to pay the renegotiated rent we had been paying for two years. We had paid the previous landlord this amount and continued to pay the new bank this amount. The bank accepted and cashed our checks.
At the beginning of October, the bank sent us a letter from their law firm telling us to pay the full rent amount by the next day, plus all arrears accumulated from the reduced rent over the years within five days. Our lawyers advised that a lockout was imminent and just a few days later, they locked us out. We didn't see it coming, don't understand their motivation and had no options but to shut down.
We will be continuing our catering and event planning services through our other company, Corporate Bistro, LLC. If you have catering or corporate food service needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It was our dream to create this beautiful place and we did. We thank you for enjoying 10 years of dinner at the movies with us. We will miss seeing all of you at Farrelli's.
Fortunately, moviegoers in the area do have other options. There are seven movie theaters within five miles of Scottsdale, including at least two that serve meals with their movies (the IPic Theaters at Scottsdale Quarter, and Studio Movie Grill - Scottsdale, which is opening in November).
According to an article on AZCentral.com about the theater's closing, Farelli's Cinema Supper Club opened in Scottsdale in 2001.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.