Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinema City McGillivray
- Cineplex Entertainment SilverCity - Polo Park
- Cineplex Entertainment SilverCity - St. Vital
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
Cineplex Entertainment announced today that it will be making some changes to three theaters in the Winnipeg, Manitoba area.
The Cinema City McGillivray will undergo a $4.5 million renovation, which will see the addition of VIP Cinemas and it will begin showing first-run movies.
The Cineplex Entertainment SilverCity - St. Vital will be renovated to have a new lobby, concession stand, and an "XSCAPE Entertainment Centre." The exterior also will get a new paint job.
The seats will be replaced and the exterior will be repainted at Cineplex Entertainment SilverCity - Polo Park.
"At Cineplex, our goal is to provide our guests with the best entertainment experience possible when they visit our theatres," said Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations, Cineplex Entertainment. "Our VIP Cinemas are a premium entertainment experience that currently is only available in three Ontario locations. We are so pleased to premiere this incredible entertainment offering to Winnipeggers."
The VIP Cinemas will follow in the current trend of providing upscale amenities to adults. The stadium seating will be high-back leather seats spaced far enough apart for more leg room, and food and beverages will be delivered to your seat.
The existing 12 auditoriums at the Cinema City McGillivray will be converted to a mix of three VIP Cinemas and eight standard auditoriums. They will all feature Digital Cinema Projection systems and it appears that all of them will be capable of 3D presentations as well. These renovations are set to begin in early 2012 and should be completed by the summer. At that time, the theater will be renamed to Cineplex Odeon McGillivray and VIP Cinemas.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.