Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike 12 - Pottsgrove
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks Hoping for June 2016 Opening [5/18]
- Santa Barbara, CA:Santa Barbara International Film Festival Makes New Home at Riviera Theatre [5/18]
- Springfield, MO: Wehrenberg Campbell 16 Cine Closing July 31, 2016 [5/16]
- Leeds, AL: Coyote Drive-In Now Open [5/11]
- Huntsville, AL: Cinemark Monaco Adding XD Auditorium, Luxury Lounger Seating [5/9]
- Rancho Mirage, CA: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Century at The River and XD [5/9]
- Cerritos, CA: Harkins Cerritos 16 Now Open [5/9]
- Muskegon, MI: Harbor Cinema Closed [5/9]
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
Carmike Cinemas announced this week that the Grand Opening of its newest location in Pottstown, Pennsylvania will take place on Thursday, November 17, 2011.
The new theater will be part of the Upland Square Shopping Center near Route 100 and Upland Square Drive, and was first announced in January. At the time, the theater was expected to open by the end of 2011, so they are actually ahead of schedule.
In addition to eleven traditionally-sized screens, the new theater will feature one of Carmike's "BigD" auditoriums, which has a larger screen, an upgraded sound system, and better seating:
"We're providing the ultimate entertainment experience that centerpieces large format Digital with bigger screens, bigger and better sound, and the finest in-theater seating for cutting edge presentation and the definitive enjoyment of our audiences," notes David Passman, Carmike's President and CEO.
All twelve auditoriums will be equipped with Digital Cinema Projection systems, with the BigD auditorium also capable of 3D presentations (the press release is unclear about 3D capability in the other auditoriums). The BigD screen measures 62' wide by "nearly three stories" high.
Carmike Cinemas has 235 locations in 36 states and focuses their attention on small and mid-sized communities.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.