Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Regal Opry Mills 20 & IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
The Regal Opry Mills 20 & IMAX in Nashville, Tennessee re-opened on November 18, 2011 after being closed due to flooding that occurred in May 2010. The entire Opry Mills shopping and entertainment complex was closed because of the flood damage and the theater required extensive clean-up, repair, and remodeling to get it to the point of opening to the public once again. (See photo of the floodwaters at the entrance to the theater)
In a press release dated October 24, 2011, Regal Cinemas termed the re-opening as a complete replacement of the previous theater.
"Regal Entertainment Group is eager to open our Opry Mills Stadium 20 & IMAX. Prior to the flood, this location with its IMAX presentation attracted moviegoers from across Middle Tennessee. We believe our returning patrons will be impressed with this all-new facility," stated Dick Westerling, Regal Entertainment Group Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising. "Opening during the busy holiday movie season is the perfect time to offer this state-of-the-art theatre to our loyal patrons in Nashville."
The theater's IMAX screen is powered by an IMAX Digital projector setup which will be capable of 2D and 3D presentations. We're not sure if this location had a film-based IMAX auditorium previously, or if it was already converted to the digital system.
The other 20 screens all feature Digital Cinema Projection systems and an undetermined number of those will be capable of 3D presentations as well. The high-back rocking chairs in the stadium seating configuration have movable cupholder armrests to make room for two people to get cozy without getting jabbed by the armrest.
To see what's playing at the Regal Opry Mills 20 & IMAX, head over to their Showtimes page and after you go there, be sure to let others know what you think of the new theater on the Reader Comments page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.