Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Stadium Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Coconut Creek, FL: Silverspot at Promenade Now Open [5/28]
- Carson, CA: Grand Opening of Cinemark Carson & XD Thursday, May 28, 2015 [5/28]
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
The AMC Jerseyville 2 in Jerseyville, Illinois closed on November 25, 2011, according to an article in The Telegraph:
On Nov. 26, the house lights will go down at the Stadium Theater-for the last time.
"This is a real loss," area resident Paul Frazier said. "A family of six used to be able to see a movie, get refillable drinks, and buy popcorn for $20. I have lost track of all of the movies we have seen there; my family will be sorry to see this theater close."
After 62 years in operation, the Stadium Theater, located at 117 E. Pearl St. in Jerseyville, will close its doors. Known for its low prices and concessions, the popular movie buff's destination entertained generations of Jersey County residents since opening as a one-screen theater on Nov. 21, 1949.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
According to CinemaTreasures, the theater opened as the single-screen Stadium Theatre in November 21, 1949. Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, LLC. took over the theater in 1972 and twinned it sometime that decade. AMC purchased the theater in 2010 as part of a larger purchase of many Kerasotes locations.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.