Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Carmike 12 - Decatur Mall
- Carmike 8 - Decatur
- Regal River Oaks Cinema 8
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
Carmike Cinemas announced recently that they are projecting a Fall 2012 opening for a new 12-screen movie theater in Decatur, Alabama. The Carmike 12 will be located near the Center Court in the Decatur Mall and will feature one of Carmike's big-screen concept "BigD" auditoriums.
According to the press release, the Decatur Mall features over 50 national, regional, and local retailers and eateries. A quick look at the mall's directory shows that the only dining choices in the mall are Chuck E. Cheese, Guadalajara Grill, Chongwah Express, Di Romo's Pizza, Bourbon Street Candy Company, and Great American Cookie Company. There are the usual chain restaurants (McDonald's, et al.) in the immediate area of the mall, so additional options are available.
The Carmike 8 - Decatur will close when the new theater opens. The Regal River Oaks Cinema 8 is located on the mall property, so it will be interesting to see what happens when 12 screens are added right next door.
As of September 30, 2011, Carmike Cinemas owns and/or operates 235 theaters in 36 states. The company focuses on small to mid-sized communities.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.