Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
- "Joy" Coming to Blu-ray, Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD on May 3, 2016 [3/8]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Comes to Home Video in April 2016 [3/3]
- "Daddy's Home" Coming to Blu-ray March 22, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [2/29]
- "The Big Short" Coming to Home Video March 15, 2016 [2/18]
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Movies and Samsung's Player Starting to Appear [2/17]
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Announces First Round of Movies to Be Released on Ultra HD Blu-ray [12/30]
- "Crimson Peak" Coming to Blu-ray February 9, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [12/8]
This was on special for this price in local WalMart and Best Buy stores the week leading up to Black Friday (it was a doorbuster at WalMart on BF). Amazon had it at the same price, but the availability fluctuated constantly, and it is probably going to do the same now.
I have personal experience helping a family member set this up in their living room and I can tell you that the TV is very good. 47" is a good size for most living rooms; not overwhelming the space in the room while providing a nice-sized display for watching movies and football games. If you're considering this for your primary movie-watching display and you have the room for it, I definitely suggest going up to the 55" model instead. Bigger is always better when it comes to immersing yourself in a movie!
I still consider 3D a gimmick, as most 3D movies pale in comparison to Avatar 3D, but if that's your thing, the 3D works quite well. We tried out IMAX: Under the Sea 3D and the results were pretty good. Since this is a passive 3D system, the glasses are much cheaper if you need more than the four that come with it. It's too bad that Avatar is not widely available at a decent price, as that would be the true test. My memory of that movie in theaters is very good, and I would be quite interested in seeing it again, even if it was on a relatively small screen.
If you're not into 3D, that's OK, since the price of this TV and the Blu-ray player bundle is still pretty good with no value attached to the 3D feature at all.
This price probably won't last, and the availability through Amazon directly may come and go (the 3rd party sellers are all at the $1000 price point), so if you are interested and it's available for the $800 price, I think it's an incredibly good deal for a 47" LED-LCD TV, with a Blu-ray player and the 3D functionality thrown in to sweeten the deal!
Note: the Amazon widget below is not displaying the lower price reliably, so click through to see the full detail page on Amazon's web site.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.