Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. announced recently that the Cinemark Chesapeake Square, located at 2413 Chesapeake Square Ring Road, in Chesapeake, Virginia will open to the public on Friday, December 16, 2011.
The new theater will feature 12 screens, all equipped with Digital Cinema Projection systems. There will also be one of Cinemark's big-screen concept XD auditoriums, which has a larger screen, enhanced 7.1 channel sound system, and upgraded seating. The XD auditorium will be able to play 2D and 3D movies.
"At Cinemark, our main focus is to create the best movie-going experience possible for our customers," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "This new concept movie theatre is the first of its kind in Hampton Roads and represents the next generation in cinema. We have designed an entertainment environment that offers technologically advanced amenities and a viewing experience that simply cannot be duplicated. The new Cinemark Chesapeake Square theatre will be a great venue to enjoy this holiday season's highly-anticipated movies such as Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, War Horse, and many more."
The opening weekend will be marked with grand opening activities, including radio station appearances, movie ticket giveaways, and the first 75 customers on opening day will receive a special Cinemark goodie bag.
Cinemark also operates the Cinemark Movies 10 - Chesapeake, which is located just down the road from the new theater.
According to an article published by the Suffolk News-Herald in April 2011 when construction began, the existing theater building will be purchased by the Chesapeake Economic Development Authority. The city of Chesapeake awarded the mall's owner, Simon Property Group, $750,000 for the theater's construction. A news article by the Virginian-Pilot published in November says that the new theater is considered a key to revitalizing the Chesapeake Square Mall area, which would explain the monetary award by the city.
We're planning to have their showtimes and other information online soon, so keep an eye on this Journal article for links to the new theater!
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.