Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Starplex Cinemas - Springfield 11 & IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
Showplex Cinemas, Inc. announced earlier this month that they will be renovating the Showplex Cinemas Springfield 8 in Springfield, Missouri to add three more screens, including an IMAX theater. Their plans include remodeling the lobby and concession areas as well. The theater will remain open during construction, which is scheduled to be completed in November 2011.
Box Office Magazine published an article on April 8th that provided some additional details:
When completed, the new Springfield 11 IMAX will offer more than 2,400 seats in 11 auditoriums. In addition to the new IMAX auditorium, ShowPlex Cinemas is adding two new auditoriums with stadium seating and digital capabilities, a completely remodeled lobby and lobby concession stand, as well as a new auxiliary concession stand and new restrooms.
"We are extremely excited to bring IMAX to the City of Springfield! The quality of the IMAX presentation is amazing; it definitely adds a new dimension to the movie-going experience," commented Al Lane, CEO of ShowPlex Cinemas. "With a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling screen, and high-quality digital projection and sound, our guests will enjoy the best of the best when it comes to major first-run Hollywood releases. Construction started the end of March and we will be open in November with a new look, digital projection throughout the entire complex, and most notably an absolutely incredible IMAX auditorium!" continued Lane.
Click the link above to read the full article on boxofficemagazine.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.