Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Showtime Cinema
- Marcus Ridge Cinemas
New Berlin, WI
- Marcus South Shore Cinemas
Oak Creek, WI
Add Your Comments
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
Marcus Theatres, a division of The Marcus Corporation, announced today that it will purchase the Showtime Cinema in Franklin, Wisconsin. The theater is located near Highway 100 and Loomis Road, and is situated nearly equidistant from Marcus South Shore Cinemas in Oak Creek and Marcus Ridge Cinemas in New Berlin.
The purchase is expected to close on Wednesday, December 14th, and the theater will be closed on Thursday, December 15th to prepare for its first day as a Marcus theater on Friday, December 16th.
"As one of the leading theatre exhibitors in the U.S., we bring high-quality motion pictures, concession products, amenities and exceptional services to moviegoers throughout the Midwest. We are happy to have the opportunity to keep Showtime Cinema open and to make it possible for Franklin-area patrons to continue to see the latest first-run movies. We look forward to making improvements to our newest Marcus Theatres location," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres.
Olson said there are no immediate plans for remodeling, but the theatre will receive some cosmetic changes in the coming months. "The biggest improvement will be all new digital projection and sound systems. Under Marcus Theatres' ownership, the theatre will retain the Showtime name and will benefit from the company's established marketing programs and operating systems. The Showtime Cinema will offer Marcus Theatres' extensive concession menu, including delicious popcorn, refreshing Pepsi soft drink products and a variety of candy and other snacks."
We are working with Marcus Theatres to update the information for Showtime Cinema on The BigScreen Cinema Guide, which will take place over the next couple of days. Watch the theater's Announcements page and Theater Information page for more details!
Related News Articles
- Showtime Cinema bought by Marcus Theatres -- Milwaukee Business Journal [Dec 12, 2011]
- Marcus Theatres buying Showtime Cinema in Franklin -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel [Dec 12, 2011]
- Earning a reputation: Struggling economy puts receiverships in Polsky’s corner -- Milwaukee Business Journal [Dec 23, 2011]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.