Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Carmike Ohio Valley Mall 11
St. Clairsville, OH
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Carmike Cinemas unveiled its latest big-screen concept "BigD" auditorium at the Carmike Ohio Valley Mall 11 in St. Clairsville, Ohio on December 15, 2011. A press release issued by the company stated that the new auditorium includes a Digital Cinema Projection system that lights up a "wall-to-wall screen measuring 60 feet wide and nearly three stories tall" with 2D and 3D presentations, and 7.1 channel surround sound.
"The success of 3-D releases for features like ‘Avatar,’ ‘Cars 2,’ ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon,’ and the record-breaking re-launch of ‘The Lion King in 3D,’ proves that audiences are excited about and enjoy the new DIGITAL experience, and are demanding it," notes [Carmike President and CEO] David Passman. "These early successes will no doubt persuade producers to release more movies in this format, and with the ‘BIGD’ experience – in either 3-D or 2-D DIGITAL – Carmike has the full capability to provide our audiences with the technology and total luxury that brings theatre-going to a new level."
Looking at their ticket prices, it appears that seeing a show in the BigD auditorium on a Friday or Saturday evening will cost an additional $2 for both adults and children ($12/$9). This has become quite a trend in the movie industry lately, where theaters charge extra for their better-equipped auditoriums instead of just striving to offer their customers the best possible presentation at their normal prices.
To see what's playing at the BigD auditorium at the Carmike Ohio Valley Mall 11, take a look at their Showtimes page and look for the "BigD" notation beneath the showtimes.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.