Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark Center Township Marketplace
- Cinemark Robinson Township
- Cinemark Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills and IMAX
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
Cinemark announced today that it plans to build a new 12-screen movie theater in McCandless Crossing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The development is located in the Town of McCandless, which is approximately 10 miles north of Pittsburgh's downtown area. The new theater is slated to open in the fall of 2012.
According to the press release from Cinemark, the new theater will feature stadium seating, "wall-to-wall" screens, Digital Cinema Projection systems, and 7.1 channel surround sound systems in all auditoriums. Also included in the plans is one of Cinemark's big-screen concept XD auditoriums, which will have a larger screen, plush seating, and an upgraded sound system when compared to the other auditoriums. It will be able to show both 2D and 3D presentations.
"Cinemark currently operates three theatres and 46 screens in the Pittsburgh MSA," states Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. "We are thrilled to construct a new Cinemark NextGen movie theatre for our customers in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. The state-of-the-art design represents the next generation in cinema. We have created an entertainment environment that offers technologically advanced amenities and a movie-watching experience that simply cannot be duplicated. This new complex will be a great addition to the highly anticipated McCandless Crossing development."
Cinemark currently owns and/or operates three other locations in the Pittsburgh area:
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.