Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas - Ocean Ranch
Laguna Niguel, CA
- Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas - Rancho Santa Margarita
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
The Edwards Rancho Santa Margarita 6 in Rancho Santa Margarita, California closed after its last shows on Thursday, January 5, 2012. The theater will be converted into a new movie theater operated by Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas, which is scheduled to open later this year. A similar conversion is happening right now on the Edwards Ocean Ranch 7 in Laguna Niguel (read the story).
According to a story in the Rancho Santa Margarita Patch, the exact timeline for the theater is still up in the air:
The architect, Brandon Dedmon of SMS Architects in Irvine, says it takes about six months to convert a theater, and although there is no specific date yet set for a Cinépolis opening in RSM, it's a fair bet that the theater house would love to be in business for the July 4 blockbuster movie blitz.
Nate Farnsworth, senior planner for the city, said he doesn't expect anything to stand in the way of the conversion of the property. Cinépolis has applied for conditional use permits to sell liquor and to create an outdoor dining area.
Those permits should be addressed by the planning commission on Feb. 1, and if not then, certainly on the meeting of March 7. The remodeling, though, can begin before those dates.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.