Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
Wehrenberg Theatres has announced plans to build their first Minnesota theater in Rochester, in the new Shoppes on Maine development near U.S. 63 South. They plan to have the "Galaxy 14 Cine" open in late Fall 2007.
The Post-Bulletin in Rochester has a story by Jeff Kiger about the announcement:
So why open their first Minnesota theater in a community that already has 26 screens, more than industry calculations estimate the area can support?
"We think we do it better," said Kelly Hoskins, director of marketing for Wehrenberg. "We have our own style and we think that market is ripe for that."
That style includes art deco features, a 1950s-themed "drive-in" cafe and old-fashioned theater names.
"We do have a very retro feel in our theaters in general," Hoskins said.
Another unique aspect of the Galaxy will be Fred's Drive-in, a '50s-style cafe named after company founder Fred Wehrenberg. Classic '50's-era autos will be used to create about 30 seats in the cafe. It will serve pizza, ice cream, chicken strips and toasted ravioli, a traditional St. Louis appetizer in which ravioli is breaded and deep fried. Hoskins says all of the food items can be taken into the auditoriums during the movies.
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.