Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
The Rave Cinemas Grove City 14 in Grove City, Ohio opened today, November 18, 2011. The 14-screen theater features Digital Cinema Projection systems in all auditoriums, including a "RaveXtreme" auditorium that boasts a larger screen, upgraded sound system, and plush leather seating.
The full press release from Rave Cinemas (aka Rave Motion Pictures) appears below.
RAVE CINEMAS TO OPEN GROVE CITY 14 THEATER with RaveXtreme
Friday, November 18, 2011
Dallas, TX. -Rave Cinemas’ is scheduled to open a state of the art 14-screen all stadium, all digital projection theater in the Columbus suburb of Grove City on Friday, November 18, just in time for Happy Feet 2 and Breaking Dawn, the next installment in the blockbuster Twilight series. Rave Grove City is located on Buckeye Parkway off of Stringtown Road, just east of I-71.
Rave Grove City 14 will be the second Rave location in the Columbus market. Rave Polaris 18 opened in August of 2005. Rave Grove City will boast a RaveXtreme auditorium. RaveXtreme creates an enveloping movie-going experience through a huge floor-to-ceiling, curved wall-to-wall screen, plush leather seating, and dynamic range enhanced digital sound.
Rave Cinemas’ exacting standards create unobstructed viewing utilizing 18-inch risers. There is a remarkable 48 inches between rows for maximum legroom and ease of motion. Every auditorium has the finest in digital surround sound and state of the art digital projection. There are five 3D-equipped auditoriums in addition to the RaveXtreme auditorium.
Overall the theater has 14 auditoriums ranging in size from 470 seats to 105 seats, for a total of 2,500 seats. Rave features luxurious rocker seats with retractable cup holder armrests for convenience and/or cuddling.
On Friday, November 18th, Rave Cinemas Grove City 14 officially opens with Happy Feet 2 (in 2D and 3D) and Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. The hits keep coming the next week with Arthur Christmas in (in 2D and 3D) and The Muppets on November 23rd. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked come out December 16th. The holiday blockbuster season continues the next week with Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol on December 23rd.
The Rave Cinemas’ staff is trained to provide top-notch service to complement your luxurious movie going experience. Multiple concession stands are strategically located for better service, and a party room is available for birthdays, corporate and private events. The theater will have box office windows, 24 hour ticket kiosks and, of course, internet ticketing[...].
Since its founding in 1999, Rave has been dedicated to enriching the movie-going experience for audiences across the country. Rave Cinemas has set the industry standard for customer service and comfort and is a pioneer in the adoption of current digital and 3-D technology and a leader in alternative content programming from live sports to concerts to opera.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.