Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Check out the Trailer for "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" [5/19]
- New Photos Added for "Hot Pursuit" [5/6]
- 40 New Photos and the Latest Trailer Added for "Mad Max: Fury Road" [5/1]
- Check Out the Upcoming LEGO Movie Release Dates [4/21]
- "Pan" Moves to October 2015 [4/21]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" [4/16]
- Lots of New Videos Added for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Including the World Premiere on April 13, 2015 [4/14]
- Watch the New Trailer and See New Photos for "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" [3/23]
- "Selma" Being Re-Released in Theaters March 20th [3/20]
- New Photos Added for "The Divergent Series: Insurgent" [3/18]
Relativity Media announced today that it has partnered with Hasbro, Inc. to develop and produce Stretch Armstrong, which is based on the 1970's toy of the same name. Seriously. To prove they are serious, producers have been attached, and the movie now has a new release date of April 14, 2014 (moved back from the original "2013" release window).
The movie was originally going to be done by Universal Pictures, so this announcement must mean that Universal dropped the project, which was going to star everyone's favorite Twilight runner-up Taylor Lautner. Since Relativity's announcement makes no mention of Lautner, it is probably safe to assume that he will have to wait for the invitation to come in the mail for the movie's premiere.
Hasbro has had success with the Transformers movies, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra met with some success back in 2009, so a movie based on a toy does have a precedent. G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation opens in theaters in June 2012. Universal did stick it out with this summer's Hasbro release, Battleship, which opens May 18th, so we'll see if a board game movie will resonate with audiences. Who knows, maybe we'll see Sorry or Trouble next...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.