Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
The Carmike Gateway 12 in Bethlehem, Georgia opened to the public on January 12, 2012, according to a press release issued by Carmike Cinemas in early January. Bethlehem is located nearly 50 miles East of Atlanta.
The new 12-screen movie theater is located off the University Parkway, between Harry McCarty Road and Loganville Highway. It features Digital Cinema Projection systems in each auditorium, including the "BigD" auditorium, which boasts a 62-foot wide screen and can present both 2D and 3D movies. Its 7.1 channel sound system is reportedly upgradable to 11.1 channel sound, should the movie industry head in that direction. Six 21 inch subwoofers round out the sound package in the BigD auditorium. Ticket prices for the BigD auditorium command a $2 upcharge over the other auditoriums, raising an adult ticket for a Tuesday night from $9.50 to $11.50, and from $10.00 on Friday and Saturday to what is most likely a $12.00 ticket (we can't confirm the weekend BigD pricing at this time).
For those not willing to pay the upcharge, the press release mentions that every auditorium is equipped with "comfortable high-back luxury chairs" with movable armrests and cup holders, and that the theater has an "upscale lobby, multiple concession areas, and an indoor box office" as amenities.
“We’re providing the ultimate entertainment experience that centerpieces large format Digital with bigger screens, bigger and better sound, and the finest in-theater seating for cutting edge presentation and the definitive enjoyment of our audiences,” notes David Passman, Carmike’s President and CEO.
The closest movie theater to Bethlehem is the Great Escape Hamilton Mill 14 in Dacula, which is 14 miles away, which makes the new Carmike theater a likely welcome addition to the town.
Carmike Cinemas currently has 235 locations in 36 states, including 22 other locations in Georgia.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.