Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Galaxy Glendale Marketplace
- MGN Five Star Cinema
- Pacific Theatres Glendale 18
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
The former Mann Glendale Marketplace 4 in Glendale, California, which closed in October 2011, has reopened as the Galaxy Glendale Marketplace. Galaxy Theatres, the new owner, celebrated the theater's opening with free popcorn for all guests.
The Glendale News-Press published a small article last week about the theater's opening:
The local Galaxy theater, which will have about 30 employees, will screen first-run features and won’t try to attract foreign film aficionados or enthusiasts of independent movies or documentaries.
“We’re not targeting a particular segment,” [company president Rafe Cohen] said. “We’re going to appeal to the mainstream across the board.”
And he plans to offer the same atmosphere that customers find at his other theaters.“We’re going to create a friendly, positive customer service environment where you can enjoy the movies,” Cohen said.
Click the Read link below for the full article.
The theater faces some stiff competition, with the Pacific Theatres Glendale 18 just about next door. Of the four movies the Glendale Marketplace was showing this weekend, three of them were also at the Pacific Theatres location. A block in the other direction is The Exchange 8, which is also showing two of the same movies on their marquee.
Bigger is not always better, though, so if the Glendale Marketplace can find a niche and serve its audiences in a way that distinguishes them, they should be able to be successful.
Galaxy Theatres now owns and/or operates 12 locations in California, Nevada, Texas, and Washington.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.