Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Providence Place Cinemas 16 & IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Coconut Creek, FL: Silverspot at Promenade Now Open [5/28]
- Carson, CA: Grand Opening of Cinemark Carson & XD Thursday, May 28, 2015 [5/28]
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
National Amusements announced last week that the IMAX auditorium at Providence Place Cinemas 16 & IMAX in Providence, Rhode Island would re-open on Friday, February 10 following a two-year renovation. The project included "a new IMAX digital screen, 32,000 watt state-of-the-art sound system, and a newly updated lobby area including a new concession facility with digital menu systems."
"Reinvesting into communities and existing properties is a top priority for National Amusements," said Steve Horton, Vice President of U.S. Operations. "We are dedicated to providing Providence with a superior entertainment experience with modern cinema technologies and amenities."
All auditoriums in the movie theater now feature Sony's 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems. The Chatter's Bar & Grill has new menu offerings as well as "full alcohol service," which is an odd term, as it conjures images of a self-service bar as the previous offering...
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was expected to be held on Friday at 10:30am with the Mayor of Providence in attendance, and the first screening to the public was going to be Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, which if it was in the IMAX screen, would actually be Journey 2: The Mysterious Island: An IMAX 3D Experience.
To find out what's showing now, see the Showtimes page for the Providence Place Cinemas 16 & IMAX.
Source: National Amusements Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.