Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Wall Street 
- How ILM Created a New King Kong [3/24]
- Free Ice Cream Cones at Select Showcase Cinemas April 4, 2017 [3/23]
- Stay for the Credits of "Kong: Skull Island" [3/10]
- Watch Family-Friendly Movies at Marcus Theatres for Just $3 During "Kids Dream" Series [2/23]
- See the First Cast Photo for "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" [2/22]
- "First Look" Fan Event on February 28, 2017 for "Ghost in the Shell" at Select IMAX Theaters [2/16]
- Marcus Adds More Wehrenberg Locations to its Best Picture Festival [2/14]
- Watch All the Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [1/26]
- See the Best Picture Nominees at Marcus Theatres' 2017 Best Picture Festival [1/26]
- Watch Best Picture Nominated Movies at Regal Cinemas Locations for One Price [1/26]
Movie fans in New York City will have a chance to see the actual Oscar statuettes that will be presented to the Best Actor and Best Actress winners at the 84th Academy Awards® ceremony when the Oscars come to Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal.
The "Meet the Oscars, Grand Central" exhibition will open tomorrow, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10am with a ribbon cutting hosted by Academy Award winner Melissa Leo.
Public viewing hours are 10am - 7pm on Wednesday, February 22nd, and 7am - 7pm Thursday, February 23rd through Sunday, February 26th. Admission is free.
Attendees will be able to have their photo taken holding an actual Oscar statuette, as well as view the Oscar that Michael Douglas won for Best Actor in Wall Street. A display of the statuettes in various stages of completion rounds out the exhibit.
Since the statuettes that will be presented at the ceremony on Sunday, February 26th, have a busy day on Sunday, they will leave the exhibit on Saturday.
The ceremony will be broadcast live on ABC, starting at 7pm ET and 4pm PT. If we're lucky, they'll be over before Monday.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.