Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse
Add Your Comments
- Sequel to "Mrs. Doubtfire" Planned with Robin Williams and Director Chris Columbus Returning [4/17]
- Andy Serkis Interviewed About Upcoming "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and its Relationship to "The Godfather" [4/15]
- Watch Highlights from the UK Premiere of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" [3/26]
- USA Today Interviews "Peanuts" Producer Craig Schulz, Watch the Teaser Trailer! [3/18]
- Captain America 3D Double Feature Coming to Theaters April 3rd [3/10]
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
The Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin in a recent article in the Wauwatosa Patch:
When the Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse celebrated its birthday last year, it commemorated the day by playing two old classics: Citizen Kane and The Birds.
They're old, but the theater itself, at 80 and counting, is older still.
Originally called the Tosa Theater, it has been serving the Wauwatosa community since 1931, when it was opened by Ross Baldwin at 6823 North Ave.
In 1940, the Baldwins sold the theater to Marcus Cinemas, whoich [sic] owned it until 1999.
In 1999, the theater went to a sheriff’s auction, where it was purchased by Jay Hollis. Hollis owned the theater until the summer of 2007, when the current owner, David Glazer, purchased it.
When Glazer bought the theater, there were few changes that needed to be made. The previous owner, Hollis, was the person responsible for removing all the movie theater seats and installing the famous (and very comfortable) plush couch seating inside the theater.
Rosebud is known for its extensive, and quite impressive, food and beverage menu.
“Every couch has it’s own table,” Widen said, “and we deliver food right to our customers’ seats.”
This special touch isn’t lost on customers.
Rosebud fan Amanda Buckley said she loves the “warm and homey atmosphere” of the theater.
“You can’t beat getting comfy on a couch, watching a movie and having a Bloody Mary delivered to your seat,” she said.
The Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse is also a Class B tavern, allowing it to sell beer, wine and liquor until 2 a.m. Customers can order beer by the pint or the pitcher, wine by the glass or the bottle, and cocktails such as margaritas, martinis and Bloody Marys.
The theater, which can seat up to 160 moviegoers, has 18 employees. Most of the employees are part time college students.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.